A New Kitchen/Dining Room Facility at Marshall Hospital
Food is the medicine we provide for our patients to get better…
Operation Foodie, for the love of food – are you a foodie?
The Current Challenge
- Marshall’s current kitchen facility is antiquated and overdue for upgrades.
- We are unable to keep pace with in-patient and staff needs.
The Vision and Expectation
- Marshall is unable to move forward with adding private patient rooms until the Kitchen/Dining Room facilities are expanded.
There is a solution
- Plans for a modern kitchen and dining room/patio are on the horizon to allow greater efficiency for today and tomorrow.
A Modern Gathering Place for Staff, Patients, and our Community
- The plan also calls for the new space to be a modern social hub for hard working staff, volunteers and the community who are visiting patients or here for out-patient services.
Partnering for the Future: For Every Dollar Raised Marshall Medical Center will invest more than $5
The new kitchen/dining room is expected to cost $8 million to:
- complete the 9,500-square-foot space;
- purchase state-of-the-art kitchen equipment
- expand the kitchen area to include serving areas for patient room service;
- expand the dining room to include separate conference rooms; and
- landscape the outdoor patio area.
Marshall Medical Center will shoulder the majority of the expense but, as a nonprofit community-based health care provider, we are asking our hospital family to partner with us by raising $1.5 million in charitable donations.